eltonfan.net   Home  |  News  |  Tour  |  Charts  |  Board  |  Archive  |  Shop  |  Links  |  FAQ  |  Contact  

Pages: (2) [1] 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Elton John Vinyl Club 2017, New vinyl releases
DougS
Posted: July 05, 2017 06:14 pm
Quote Post

Platinum Member (Dear God)

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

Elton John vinyl releases for 2017:

Looks like a bunch of EJ vinyl is slated for upcoming release! Albums like HONKY CHATEAU and 17-11-70 + and TUMBLEWEED CONNECTION are already out there with a few others but eltonjohn.com just announced several more for summer & fall release including:

* BLUE MOVES
* THE BIG PICTURE
* EMPTY SKY
* SLEEPING WITH THE PAST
* ROCK OF THE WESTIES
* ONE NIGHT ONLY

I can`t wait to get several of these because many are favourites of mine. Here is the info link from EJ.com:

http://store.eltonjohn.com/elton-john-vinyl-club-2017

Doug
PMEmail Poster
RocketLight
Posted: July 05, 2017 10:26 pm
Quote Post

Gold Member (Blessed)

Member No.: 920

One Night Only and The Big Picture will be great smile.gif From 80s only replying Sleeping and Too Low ... I'm waiting for Jump Up! or Reg Strikes Back!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
DougS
Posted: July 06, 2017 09:57 pm
Quote Post

RocketLight:

I am also a (rare) big fan of THE BIG PICTURE so it will be a guaranteed purchase for me as well.

Curious to hear from other site-posters what recent and future vinyl that you have or will purchase from these 2017 vinyl re-releases.

Some of these re-releases were never available on vinyl until now...

Doug
PMEmail Poster
Chelseaboy2007
Posted: July 08, 2017 09:36 pm
Quote Post

Member No.: 2641

So far I've bought all of Elton's re-released vinyl and I will 100% buy the rest of them.

--------------------
user posted image

- Elton John: June 6th 1998: Wembley Stadium - Face To Face 1998
- Elton John: September 5th 1999: Leeds Castle - An Evening With Elton John Solo
- Elton John: June 24th 2006: Kassam Stadium - Elton John 2006 European Tour
- Elton John: September 5th 2007: O₂ Arena - The Red Piano Show Europe
- Elton John: July 13th 2008: Mercedes Benz World - Elton John Rocket Man Tour 2008
- Elton John: September 22nd 2009: Royal Albert Hall - Elton John and Ray Cooper
- Elton John: May 29th 2010: Vicarage Road - Elton John Tour 2010
- Elton John: January 28th 2011: Royal Opera House - Elton John and Ray Cooper
- Elton John/James Morrison/2CELLOS: September 21st 2012: Wembley Arena - Peace One Day Concert
- Elton John: September 4th 2013: First Direct Arena - The Diving Board Tour 2013
- Katy Perry: May 8th 2014: Odyssey Arena - The Prismatic World Tour
- Elton John: June 24th 2014: Capital FM Arena Nottingham - Follow The Yellow Brick Road Tour
- Elton John: June 10th 2015: Motorpoint Arena - All The Hits Tour
- Little Mix: March 22nd 2016: Echo Arena Liverpool - Get Weird Tour
- Elton John: June 14th 2016: Echo Arena Liverpool - Wonderful Crazy Night Tour
- Elton John: June 7th 2017: Genting Arena - Wonderful Crazy Night Tour
PMEmail PosterMSN
DougS
Posted: July 12, 2017 08:47 am
Quote Post

HONKY CHATEAU on new 180 gram vinyl 2017 release:

Great to kick back and listen carefully to this entire album with repeated listens.

Sound quality; very faithful remastering without any noticeable differences to the original 1972 pressing. Clear and quiet vinyl.

What I enjoyed most was listening to Nigel & Dee playing and Elton's voice on this record. This trio knew how to play together! This was their first full album together (new studio recording) and listening to them play was a real pleasure. Nigel's playing was full of energetic and interesting fills without being noisy or distracting. Dee's bass was so interesting and original. Listening to the ease which EJ's vocals moved up and down was amazing. I miss that voice and that falsetto. It reminds me how much Elton's voice was really unmatched. The album is also Davey's first full album with EJ and there are a few songs which show what he was soon to become.

A really understatedly very good record - solid throughout. Who would have thought to include electric violin and tap dancing on a pop record! Gus was a master at production in those days.

Packaging; almost faithful to the original. It does open up like a double-album similar to the original. The cover does not have the photo added to the cover but is simply printed on the cover. The back does not have that "latch" which was like an inserted diary lock. Otherwise, the information, photos, and double-album style packaging are completely faithful to the original album.

Doug
PMEmail Poster
DougS
Posted: July 22, 2017 09:03 pm
Quote Post

CARIBOU and DON'T SHOOT ME I'M ONLY THE PIANO PLAYER:

Both of these albums are scheduled for a late July release on 180 gram vinyl and eltonjohn.com has added an interesting fact-feature on both records:

http://www.eltonjohn.com/ten-things-you-ma...me-and-caribou/

Enjoy!

Doug
PMEmail Poster
DougS
Posted: August 04, 2017 03:48 am
Quote Post

THE BIG PICTURE and ROCK OF THE WESTIES...

These two albums are the August releases on 180 gram vinyl with remastering applied. August 25th is the USA release date.

The good thing about THE BIG PICTURE is that it is apparently its first appearance on vinyl! It is a guaranteed buy for me as I still really like this album.

BLUE MOVES and EMPTY SKY are the follow up albums slated for a September release.

I didn't purchase CARIBOU or DON'T SHOOT ME I'M ONLY THE PIANO PLAYER on the new vinyl so I am unable to comment on the 180 gram vinyl quality. Did anyone one this site buy these recently released vinyl versions?

Doug
PMEmail Poster
AGR82
Posted: August 17, 2017 08:16 pm
Quote Post

Gold Member (Blessed)

Member No.: 2694

Ill get The Big Picture & One Night Only...Also ill buy Blue Moves as a favourite one...The others i wont buy them...
I almost buy Rock Of The Westies but two weeks ago i found a sealed US Copy from 1975 so...

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
DougS
Posted: August 18, 2017 04:18 am
Quote Post

AGR82:

I just ordered THE BIG PICTURE as well as BLUE MOVES and EMPTY SKY which are all now slated for a late September release. I haven't decided about ROCK OF THE WESTIES - it has a couple of songs that I love such as "Street Kids" so we'll see.

Once I get these new 180 gram remastered vinyl releases then I'll give a sound quality review here. I'll compare THE BIG PICTURE to the original CD and will compare BLUE MOVES to the original vinyl and remastered CD sonically.

Doug
PMEmail Poster
AGR82
Posted: August 18, 2017 11:47 am
Quote Post

Gold Member (Blessed)

Ill receive them in October, I dont need to pay 3 postages so i can wait until the last one is released.
I really want to hear Blue Moves...The Gus Dudgeon 1996 remaster is not very good (although the 1997 MCA remaster is a little bit better) but i think this album need a complete remaster.

And im curious with Here and There...Will be the expanded remaster of 1995 or the original single LP? And the sound...Will be like the original or the awful 1995 remaster? Lets see...

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
DougS
Posted: August 18, 2017 02:56 pm
Quote Post

AGR82:

I agree that the HERE AND THERE remaster on CD sounded very disappointing. I have not heard if this album is going to be re-released as a part of the new 180 gram remastered vinyl series. I am really hoping that THE ONE is considered for this series.

Doug
PMEmail Poster
AGR82
Posted: August 18, 2017 03:57 pm
Quote Post

Gold Member (Blessed)

If Here And There is re-release i think will have the original sound... At least the new 17-11-70 is near the original release (and even expanded) so i just hope they will release a 4 LP set of Here And There...

(Its strange because in 1995 when this album was re-released it had a new remaster, but some live tracks were added as B-Sides of Made In England singles with diferent sound nearer of the old mix...Even in one of these singles we can hear the John Lennon appeareance and the drums are totally diferent)

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
agrasso
Posted: August 21, 2017 06:27 pm
Quote Post

Gold Member (Blessed)

Member No.: 2299

The Big Picture on double LP is available for pre-order on Amazon UK and will be released next Friday:
http://amzn.to/2xlAjio

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
I believe in love...
PMEmail Poster
DougS
Posted: August 26, 2017 12:28 am
Quote Post

THE BIG PICTURE and ROCK OF THE WESTIES:

Both of these albums have just been released on remastered 180 gram vinyl and eltonjohn.com has added an interesting fact-feature on both records:

It is the first time that THE BIG PICTURE has ever been released on vinyl.

http://www.eltonjohn.com/10-fun-facts-abou...he-big-picture/

Doug

PMEmail Poster
AGR82
Posted: September 05, 2017 02:48 am
Quote Post

Gold Member (Blessed)

Is there any photo of The Big PIcture? Im curious...
Ive pruchased this one but ill receive in October when ONO is released

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll