eltonfan.net   Home  |  News  |  Tour  |  Charts  |  Board  |  Archive  |  Shop  |  Links  |  FAQ  |  Contact  

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Autumn 2017, Small Markets & Vegas
freaksinlove
Posted: October 03, 2017 11:10 pm
Quote Post

Platinum Member (Dear God)

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7

I have a feeling Elton does not have the voice to play a whole concert by himself without the support of his band. Unless he played an hour only concert, but two full hours, I doubt he`s able to.

--------------------
user posted image

Even if I had only one finger left I'd play for you - Elton John
PMEmail Poster
Elton
Posted: October 06, 2017 12:09 pm
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 621

I feel he is in pretty strong voice still considering how much he gigs and is 70. I wish he had used the orchestra sat behind him though.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
DougS
Posted: October 09, 2017 05:23 am
Quote Post

Member No.: 26

Early fall 2017 concerts:

Well, it looks like EJ and the band played well in those small market Australia concerts in September. Good reviews in the local newspapers. The set list was typical of earlier 2017 shows. The slightly shorter set list outside of North America was used and no additions to the set list were made. EJ tinkered a bit with songs such as the intro to "Rocket Man" but that was all.

Next is the familiar bunch of Las Vegas gigs. We'll see how EJ addresses that horrible and tragic mass shooting there in recent days.

After Vegas, EJ and the band do a half-dozen small market shows in the USA and Canada before heading to Europe to finish the year. Any wagers on any significant additions or changes to the set list or do we wait for that "Final Curtain" tour which is rumoured to appear down the road?

Doug
PMEmail Poster
Dr john
Posted: October 09, 2017 10:06 am
Quote Post

Member No.: 265

QUOTE (DougS @ October 09, 2017 06:23 am)
Early fall 2017 concerts:

Well, it looks like EJ and the band played well in those small market Australia concerts in September. Good reviews in the local newspapers. The set list was typical of earlier 2017 shows. The slightly shorter set list outside of North America was used and no additions to the set list were made. EJ tinkered a bit with songs such as the intro to "Rocket Man" but that was all.

Next is the familiar bunch of Las Vegas gigs. We'll see how EJ addresses that horrible and tragic mass shooting there in recent days.

After Vegas, EJ and the band do a half-dozen small market shows in the USA and Canada before heading to Europe to finish the year. Any wagers on any significant additions or changes to the set list or do we wait for that "Final Curtain" tour which is rumoured to appear down the road?

Doug

I really think, this so called "final curtain" tour...will still be the same old songs...Elton plays for the masses...and the masses want the well know hits...and that's what he gives them...why change a winning formula and risk playing to half filled places..I still remember the shows he did with the orchestra a few years ago and him saying at the start of the show..."this isn't going to be a regular show"...like he knew this didn't really work, a bit apologetic really...and I seen people that walked out..which I'd never seen before or since..and if this "final curtain tour is the end of his touring days" tour ...do you really think he'd want to go out on a whimper?...people walking out...newspapers reporting that he's not playing any hits only album tracks that only true fans would know..to half filled places..no, I don't think so...he's still got a ego..he'd want to have full places...to have newspapers singing his praises...to play the greatest shows he's ever done..to go out on top..and that means playing the hits.."final curtain" same old hits..but I do think that he'll raise his game...and not play them on autopilot...he'll want something to remember...but let's see..

As for the Vegas shootings...guess he'll wheel out "candle in the wind" like he always does...

--------------------
I ENJOY A PINT OF BEER EACH NIGHT...FOR IT'S HEALTH BENEFITS...THE OTHER PINTS ARE FOR MY WITTY COMEBACKS AND FLAWLESS DANCE MOVES
PM
DougS
Posted: October 11, 2017 01:39 am
Quote Post

Dr John:

You are probably right about the likely "Final Curtain" set list; hits.

I'd like to see some hits that have been absent such as "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds" and "Pinball Wizard" and "The One" and "Little Jeannie" plus a couple of classic album tracks like "Tonight" and "Madman Across the Water" and "One Horse Town." Not likely to get "Simple Life" again, unfortunately.

It is too bad that EJ's live hits are always the SAME hits...done essentially the SAME way tour after tour.

Doug
PMEmail Poster
DougS
Posted: October 16, 2017 07:35 pm
Quote Post

MILLION DOLLAR PIANO concerts:

Eltonjohn.com announced today that the MILLION DOLLAR PIANO concerts will come to an end in May of 2018.

They LOOK spectacular and do have some great songs such as "Empty Garden" and Indian Sunset" but I still do prefer EJ and the band's longer standard concerts. Those Vegas audiences seem far too sedate. I'd much rather see EJ in a similar sized ole' concert hall with character and ambiance and let the music do the talking.

Regardless, those shows did, at least, have remarkable staging...

Doug
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll