eltonfan.net   Home  |  News  |  Tour  |  Charts  |  Board  |  Archive  |  Shop  |  Links  |  FAQ  |  Contact  

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Elton John Piano Intro Medley
EltonJohnaholic
  Posted: September 23, 2017 07:59 am
Quote Post

Silver Member (Shooting Star)

Group: Members
Member No.: 2909

Nothing much here, just finally uploaded myself playing an Elton song(s) on piano *waves hands in the air* biggrin.gif I started with a medley instead. I am mostly familiar with his hits on piano becuase that's what people like me to play so I did some hits, with the exception of the first song.
I actually know a lot of other songs like Honky Cat, Blessed, Sleeping With The Past, Stones Throw From Hurtin', bits of Go It Alone, This Town, Never Gonna Fall In Love Again, Just Like Strange Rain, Teacher I Need You, Grey Seal, Blue Wonderful, Looking Up, Bitch Is Back, Sad Songs, Mona Lisas (Part I), and The End Will Come, but those need some touching up before I can record them.
So anyway I play by ear so it's not going to sound exactly like him and I don't care, I'm just glad I got a good take where I didn't screw it up... this is about the 10th take or so lol. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U03cxsll7i8

--------------------
user posted image

"It's far too windy here, can you do something about it?"
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Dr john
Posted: September 23, 2017 12:58 pm
Quote Post

Platinum Member (Dear God)

Member No.: 265

I've watch the video...very good, but not as good as your album reviews...they make me laugh..hope you do some more...

--------------------
I ENJOY A PINT OF BEER EACH NIGHT...FOR IT'S HEALTH BENEFITS...THE OTHER PINTS ARE FOR MY WITTY COMEBACKS AND FLAWLESS DANCE MOVES
PM
EltonJohnaholic
  Posted: September 23, 2017 07:50 pm
Quote Post

Thanks! Ahhh I seriously doubt I will ever do a review again becuase people swear I suck at it and I agree, but y'know I'll see if I can make other Elton-related videos that are funny. That stuff comes naturally.

--------------------
user posted image

rocketman
Posted: September 23, 2017 09:59 pm
Quote Post

Member No.: 108

Really nice!!

I especially liked Captain Fantastic - it sounded like you quickened the pace of the song just a bit, which made for an interesting effect. I also liked how you went quite seemlessly from one song to the next.

--------------------
"I could be great like Tennessee Williams if I could only hear something that sounds like the truth."

PMEmail PosterYahoo
freaksinlove
Posted: September 25, 2017 09:34 pm
Quote Post

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7

I enjoyed to watch you playing. Keep it up. cool.gif

--------------------
user posted image

Even if I had only one finger left I'd play for you - Elton John
PMEmail Poster
commodore orpington
Posted: September 26, 2017 12:29 am
Quote Post

Member No.: 1484

Thanks!

--------------------
"Opportunity awaits me, like a rat in a drain."
PMEmail Poster
EltonJohnaholic
  Posted: September 27, 2017 10:00 pm
Quote Post

Ah yeah I learned Captain Fantastic through live performances of him, so he was probably on coke and I just copied his quicker style. Specifically this video I "studied" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJpVpbx6Kl4 I don't know why I made it quicker paced... must just be my weird brain. Most of the time since I listen to his songs SO often and I play by ear, I don't even need the actual song to reference to. I can just play it from memorization of hearing the song so much, and maybe since the lat time I listened to the studio version was like last YEAR, my brain probably thought it went faster. Who the hell knows rolleyes.gif lol
I find it funny how this was one of the first songs I heard by Elton and now I rarely listen to it lol. I even took the initiative to learn it on guitar and all, now I'm listening to all his other albums/songs more. However this Sunday I just bought the Captain Fantastic vinyl, which I'm ecstatic about because that now completes my Elton vinyl collection from 1969-1989!

--------------------
user posted image

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll