eltonfan.net   Home  |  News  |  Tour  |  Charts  |  Board  |  Archive  |  Shop  |  Links  |  FAQ  |  Contact  

Pages: (2) [1] 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Eltons Mum Explains Fall Out With Elton
Elton
Posted: March 28, 2015 11:08 am
Quote Post

Platinum Member (Dear God)

Group: Members
Member No.: 621

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Dr john
Posted: March 28, 2015 02:03 pm
Quote Post

Member No.: 265

Well so now we know what it was all about...

--------------------
I ENJOY A PINT OF BEER EACH NIGHT...FOR IT'S HEALTH BENEFITS...THE OTHER PINTS ARE FOR MY WITTY COMEBACKS AND FLAWLESS DANCE MOVES
PM
freaksinlove
Posted: March 28, 2015 05:32 pm
Quote Post

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7

Wonder what Elton is thinking about this article. Monday The Daily Mail will print another one. Sh!t is hitting the fan.

--------------------
user posted image

Even if I had only one finger left I'd play for you - Elton John
PMEmail Poster
newloneranger
Posted: March 28, 2015 06:46 pm
Quote Post

Member No.: 1947

David is an A Hole ph34r.gif

--------------------
user posted image

Songs are lightning
When they strike you
You hang on every line
They’re bits of history
Don’t try to change ‘em
It’s how you’re feeling at the time
PMEmail Poster
Latitude
Posted: March 28, 2015 06:59 pm
Quote Post

Member No.: 1633

I'll say what I said on the other thread in Misc. :

I just had an entire long spiel going on here and edited it all out. I am NOT going to get real involved in his personal life. I don't care. I care about his music and that's it.

All I will say is---I agree with NLR. She's a fighter, and good for her. Sad for her, but she's strong. Way to go!!!

Also, on this thread I do agree with you NLR. wink.gif

--------------------
FIVE DECADES OF ELTON JOHN MUSIC AND MY TOP PICKS FROM EACH OF THE DECADES!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Favorite lyric lines:' Release, relax, let go, and hey now let's recover your soul'. From 'The Big Picture' album
Plus 'But latitude captures the heart and the mind' From 'Made In England'
PMEmail Poster
freaksinlove
Posted: March 28, 2015 11:36 pm
Quote Post

Member No.: 7

Like you Latitude, I'm avoiding getting into this discussions about Elton's mum. There are several treads on Facebook. It's a private stuff and she should have kept it private. All I can say is that I feel for her and hope Elton comes to his senses and make up with his mum.

I'll keep on discussing his music.

--------------------
user posted image

Even if I had only one finger left I'd play for you - Elton John
PMEmail Poster
Latitude
Posted: March 29, 2015 12:55 am
Quote Post

QUOTE (freaksinlove @ March 28, 2015 07:36 pm)
Like you Latitude, I'm avoiding getting into this discussions about Elton's mum. There are several treads on Facebook. It's a private stuff and she should have kept it private. All I can say is that I feel for her and hope Elton comes to his senses and make up with his mum.

I'll keep on discussing his music.

I did weaken, and got into it a bit more on the misc. forum, but then backed off again. blink.gif It's hard to keep thoughts in when that has now been made public, which it shouldn't have been. Those tabloids love stuff like this.

There's quite a bit about this on the Crazy Water site too, with all sorts of opinions. Also, there are plenty of comments from people after you read that interview with Sheila (on that page). More diverse opinions.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Favorite lyric lines:' Release, relax, let go, and hey now let's recover your soul'. From 'The Big Picture' album
PMEmail Poster
Chelseaboy2007
Posted: March 29, 2015 03:38 pm
Quote Post

Member No.: 2641

It's a shame but ultimately it's their business.

--------------------
user posted image

- Elton John: June 6th 1998: Wembley Stadium - Face To Face 1998
- Elton John: September 5th 1999: Leeds Castle - An Evening With Elton John Solo
- Elton John: June 24th 2006: Kassam Stadium - Elton John 2006 European Tour
- Elton John: September 5th 2007: O₂ Arena - The Red Piano Show Europe
- Elton John: July 13th 2008: Mercedes Benz World - Elton John Rocket Man Tour 2008
- Elton John: September 22nd 2009: Royal Albert Hall - Elton John and Ray Cooper
- Elton John: May 29th 2010: Vicarage Road - Elton John Tour 2010
- Elton John: January 28th 2011: Royal Opera House - Elton John and Ray Cooper
- Elton John/James Morrison/2CELLOS: September 21st 2012: Wembley Arena - Peace One Day Concert
- Elton John: September 4th 2013: First Direct Arena - The Diving Board Tour 2013
- Katy Perry: May 8th 2014: Odyssey Arena - The Prismatic World Tour
- Elton John: June 24th 2014: Capital FM Arena Nottingham - Follow The Yellow Brick Road Tour
- Elton John: June 10th 2015: Motorpoint Arena - All The Hits Tour
- Little Mix: March 22nd 2016: Echo Arena Liverpool - Get Weird Tour
- Elton John: June 14th 2016: Echo Arena Liverpool - Wonderful Crazy Night Tour
- Elton John: June 7th 2017: Genting Arena - Wonderful Crazy Night Tour
- Little Mix: November 20th 2017: Echo Arena Liverpool - Glory Days Tour
PMEmail PosterMSN
jamesm
Posted: March 29, 2015 08:14 pm
Quote Post

Member No.: 349

Very sad 7 years of time wasted and for what ?
PMEmail Poster
Latitude
Posted: March 30, 2015 01:03 am
Quote Post

I suppose it *is* their business, but when it's made public, like this article, it's not unusual for this board to discuss things like that. I mean, this forum right here is called Elton John Offstage, so it's to be expected. I don't like to get TOO deeply into it all because it's pretty bothersome, and there's nothing anybody can do about it. But, it's like James said---7 years wasted for nothing. Just some petty thing that could have been forgiven years ago.

Somebody that was SO close to his mother, even calling himself a Mama's boy, just ending it all and moving on as if she didn't exist. Incomprehensible. And makes me wonder about him....

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
This_Train
Posted: March 30, 2015 10:04 am
Quote Post

Member No.: 28

It seems to me, albeit that we have only heard one side of the story, that DF is controlling Elton's life.

My hunch is that the talentless Furnish who got lucky in 1993 is so paranoid about protecting his meal ticket that he wants neither Elton nor Sheila to have any contact with his 'old life'.

Sheila, the wise old owl has got his measure.

Elton on the other hand is caught in the middle and has chosen to back Furnish rather than stand up to him. A spineless stance that has led to this ridiculous seven year stand-off.
PM
Chelseaboy2007
Posted: March 30, 2015 03:15 pm
Quote Post

This is based on the assumption that the article in the Daily Mail is accurate, and knowing the Daily Fail it probably isn't. They may have left stuff out or manipulated comments. It wouldn't surprise me.

Then again it wouldn't surprise me of David is controlling Elton.

--------------------
user posted image

- Elton John: September 5th 1999: Leeds Castle - An Evening With Elton John Solo
- Elton John: July 13th 2008: Mercedes Benz World - Elton John Rocket Man Tour 2008
- Elton John: September 22nd 2009: Royal Albert Hall - Elton John and Ray Cooper
- Elton John/James Morrison/2CELLOS: September 21st 2012: Wembley Arena - Peace One Day Concert
- Elton John: September 4th 2013: First Direct Arena - The Diving Board Tour 2013
- Elton John: June 24th 2014: Capital FM Arena Nottingham - Follow The Yellow Brick Road Tour
PMEmail PosterMSN
Latitude
Posted: March 31, 2015 01:05 am
Quote Post

I imagine there are elements of that article that are true. And it's not outside of Elton's character to act like that. But, I imagine that both of them have some blame in this whole thing. Pride gets in the way. And, David and his control of Elton gets in the way hugely.

I was listening to the Poland 2014 concert tonight, and this is what Elton said before the song 'Believe'. Quote---'One of my favorite songs. It's about love and I'm all in favor of love. There's enough hate in the world'. If he really said 'I hate you' to his own mother--- ph34r.gif Actually he's been acting like he's totally forgot all about her. Disowned her?

He did send her flowers for her birthday. Otherwise he'd look even worse then he already looks. And that's probably why he did it. We'll see where that leads. She doesn't seem to think it'll lead anywhere because 'Furnish has him now' she said.

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
Dr john
Posted: March 31, 2015 10:31 am
Quote Post

Member No.: 265

As I said before...it's a one sided story..but having said that...put yourself in Eltons shoes...right your Elton...and your partner/wife/husband is David....you have words with your Mum...you attack her with words and she attacks you and your other half with words...so where do you put yourself?...I'd guess you'd come down on the side of your other half...and that's what Elton has done..he loves both..but in the end it's a different kind of love for your Mum and your other half...when you get together with someone...you hope they get on with your parents and they get on with your new partner...doesn't alway work out like that...and I really don't think its a case of David controlling Elton...and to me...it seems an olive branch has been sent in the way of the birthday flowers..and even more so as its got everyone's name on the card that came with it...I do hope she rings Elton and co..to thank them for the flowers...I think they could start over again..but it'll be like walking on eggs...

--------------------
I ENJOY A PINT OF BEER EACH NIGHT...FOR IT'S HEALTH BENEFITS...THE OTHER PINTS ARE FOR MY WITTY COMEBACKS AND FLAWLESS DANCE MOVES
PM
Chelseaboy2007
Posted: March 31, 2015 03:13 pm
Quote Post

I hope they can make some kind of peace because she's 90 and unfortunately you have to accept she hasn't got long left, and in all realism at 68 Elton could depart us at any time, and it would be very sad if something happened to either of them and they hadn't made peace.

It's also important for Zachary and Elijah. They should have Sheila in their life and Sheila should have them.

--------------------
user posted image

PMEmail PosterMSN
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll