eltonfan.net   Home  |  News  |  Tour  |  Charts  |  Board  |  Archive  |  Shop  |  Links  |  FAQ  |  Contact  

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Autumn 2017, Small Markets & Vegas
DougS
Posted: August 04, 2017 05:53 am
Quote Post

Platinum Member (Dear God)

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

OK, the next leg of EJ's tour will begin in the autumn (September) and is mostly small markets in Australia, Canada, and the USA plus a couple of shows in Georgia and the inevitable Las Vegas shows as well.

Anyone here going to any of these?

Latitude, you and I are at those back-to-back ones in Portland and Bangor in November - something to look forward to. We'll have to do reviews of the shows.

I'd imagine that EJ will keep the two WONDERFUL CRAZY NIGHT songs in the set list. I sure hope that he doesn't drop "Have Mercy On The Criminal" for "Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word" which he did in a few concerts in the summer tour.

My realistic "hope for" album track song would be "Hercules" which I still haven't seen in the 30+ concerts that I have attended in 4 countries since 1979! I'd also love to hear a full "Song For Guy" but that doesn't seem likely at this point. "Levon" is the one song that I am most looking forward to because EJ and the band have extended that one - scorching!

Doug
PMEmail Poster
kevinmpls
Posted: August 06, 2017 05:30 pm
Quote Post

Newbie (Too Young)

Member No.: 2074

I'm going to the Moline show on Nov. 10 and I'm not expecting much change with the setlist. But at this point in his career, I'm just trying to enjoy the show even with the same songs/hits as it won't go on forever.

Last year, he mentioned in an interview that he and David were going to have a discussion this year about his future touring plans so we'll see if anything gets announced on that at some point. Although his schedule seems pretty set through February so maybe we'll hear of something early next year about an extended farewell tour and hopefully some special shows without hits. Although, I still think he will continue performing at certain places even if he retires from long worldwide tours.

In the meantime, I just follow the touring schedule closely to look for opportunities to travel to see him and thankfully the Moline show is only a 5.5 hour drive from my house which is a reasonable drive for a quick overnight trip.

Kevin
PMEmail Poster
DougS
Posted: August 07, 2017 09:00 am
Quote Post

kevinmpls:

Same approach for me regarding seeing Elton.

I must say that I am looking forward to what has been occasionally called "The Final Curtain" tour in the possible near future. I really hope to see a slightly expanded band (similar to ONE NIGHT ONLY) which allows for a richer sound and other songs to be done effectively as were "Little Jeannie" and "Club at the End of the Street." I'd also expect a much altered set list. I know EJ won't avoid playing the hits but it would be nice to see hits which haven't been played in a long time ("Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds") or recently ("Believe" and "The One" and "Nikita"). Songs like "Tonight" and "Indian Sunset" and (especially) "Curtains" would be cool as album tracks for these "final curtain" shows.

Meanwhile, I am looking forward to enjoying the Bangor show in November.

Doug
PMEmail Poster
Quagmire
Posted: August 14, 2017 06:13 am
Quote Post

Member No.: 1909

Im going to see four of the Australia concerts this September/October.

I know someone close to the tour and they have advised me that he has a set 22 songs he is playing and rehearsing the following for the set list which he will pick four to play. Im pumped!

23. I Donít want to go on with you look That
24. Are you ready for Love
25. Tonight/One Horse Town
26. Teenage Idol
27. The Wasteland
28. Meal Ticket
PMEmail Poster
DougS
Posted: August 14, 2017 01:02 pm
Quote Post

Quagmire:

It would be great to see any or all of those songs.

In 1986 I saw "Tonight" and "One Horse Town" and they were absolute highlights of the concert.

I love "Meal Ticket" but they need to really cut loose and extend that one. It just seemed a bit too "mechanical" and "rote" when I saw it live in 2001.

"Teenage Idol" is a good song but received minimal audience response when EJ did it in 1998 on THE BIG PICTURE tour.

Thanks for this set list rehearsal update.

Doug
PMEmail Poster
BobbyFord
Posted: August 15, 2017 07:33 pm
Quote Post

Member No.: 2297

QUOTE (DougS @ August 14, 2017 01:02 pm)
"Teenage Idol" is a good song but received minimal audience response when EJ did it in 1998 on THE BIG PICTURE tour.

'Teenage Idol' is a great song but has been in the setlist quite recently - within the last couple of years. The only song that really excites me on that list is 'One Horse Town' which hasn't been done since 1986/87(?). I'd still pay to hear 'Meal Ticket' and 'The Wasteland' though, even if the rest of the setlist is stale.

--------------------
user posted image

09/12/04 - Hallam Arena, Sheffield (Elton & The Band)
18/12/04 - The Apollo, Hammersmith (Elton & The Band)
03/06/05 - Galpharm Stadium, Huddersfield (Elton & The Band)
27/06/06 - Capital FM Arena, Nottingham (Elton & The Band)
24/05/07 - Motorpoint Arena, Sheffield (Elton & The Band)
03/06/07 - Brunton Park, Carlisle (Elton & The Band)
13/07/08 - Mercedez-Benz World, Weybridge (Elton & The Band)
31/12/08 - O2 Arena (The Red Piano)
22/09/09 - Royal Albert Hall, London (with Ray Cooper)
28/10/10 - The Roundhouse, London (with Leon Russell and T-Bone's Band)
25/11/10 - The Union Chapel, London (Solo)
01/12/10 - Vorst Nationaal, Brussels (with Ray Cooper)
26/06/11 - Sussex County Cricket Ground, Hove (Elton & The Band)
02/09/13 - London Palladium, BRITs Icon Award (Elton & The Band)
04/09/13 - Leeds Arena (Elton & The Band)
12/09/13 - The Roundhouse, London (Elton & The Band)
PMEmail Poster
DougS
Posted: September 04, 2017 05:29 am
Quote Post

Australia & Georgia:

Concerts in Australia and Georgia are coming up in the next two weeks and we'll see if any apparently newly rehearsed tracks will find their way into the set list for the autumn.

Recalling how great "Tonight" and "One Horse Town" sounded back-to-back in 1986 I sure hope to see them back again sometime soon!

Doug
PMEmail Poster
mister vertigo
Posted: September 06, 2017 07:29 am
Quote Post

Gold Member (Blessed)

Member No.: 2338

Thanks so much for this update! Wow - "Tonight/One Horse Town" would be a dream come true. On the other hand, this could very well be Davey's list of suggestions to Elton, and we know Elton hates to rehearse (and those two songs are not the easiest to play/sing) so we'll see...
PMEmail Poster
Quagmire
Posted: September 09, 2017 10:41 am
Quote Post

Member No.: 1909

I'll find out from my source if anything has changed during next week.
PMEmail Poster
RocketLight
Posted: September 10, 2017 09:16 am
Quote Post

Gold Member (Blessed)

Member No.: 920

Elton Johnís concert in Georgia postponed to next year

http://agenda.ge/news/86544/eng

A relevant agreement has already been signed and the two concerts will be the only concerts by Elton John in Europe next year,Ē Kereselidze said.

Only 2 Europe concerts next year? Really? ph34r.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
freaksinlove
Posted: September 10, 2017 11:36 pm
Quote Post

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7

He`s really starting to slow down to spend more time with his kids.

--------------------
user posted image

Even if I had only one finger left I'd play for you - Elton John
PMEmail Poster
RocketLight
Posted: September 11, 2017 10:31 am
Quote Post

Gold Member (Blessed)

Member No.: 920

QUOTE (freaksinlove @ September 10, 2017 11:36 pm)
He`s really starting to slow down to spend more time with his kids.

Yes, I know it. But only 2 shows in 365 days is something rare...

Kids are living in London and France in the summer... I can not understand why Elton only will play 2 shows in Europe in 2018 ...

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
mister vertigo
Posted: September 19, 2017 07:35 pm
Quote Post

Gold Member (Blessed)

Member No.: 2338

Well if this is true then he's definitely slowing down next year... hadn't really expected that, to be honest. I'm sure he's going to play some US dates, and possibly other parts of the world, but only 2 Euro shows is a sure sign he won't be touring as much in the future.

By the way - the article says the concerts were cancelled because of Davey's health. Hope it's nothing serious.
PMEmail Poster
freaksinlove
Posted: September 19, 2017 11:56 pm
Quote Post

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7

Davey has a shoulder problem. It may be physical issue.

When he played here in 2013, he played some parts of the concert seated. At times he shook his arms as if he was in pain.

--------------------
user posted image

Even if I had only one finger left I'd play for you - Elton John
PMEmail Poster
DougS
Posted: September 21, 2017 02:14 am
Quote Post

Thanks for the updates on Davey.

Yeah, he has had those on-going shoulder issues. I don't think we appreciate sometimes what musicians go through physically that challenges their necks, backs, and the rest of their bodies. Phil Collins suffered greatly. Davey keeps on truckin' and giving it his best shot. He has looked a bit more animated and comfortable this year so hopefully the current situation finds him mending well.

Doug
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll