eltonfan.net   Home  |  News  |  Tour  |  Charts  |  Board  |  Archive  |  Shop  |  Links  |  FAQ  |  Contact  

Pages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Hiya~ Crazy New Elton Fan Alert!
EltonJohnaholic
  Posted: June 16, 2017 03:58 am
Quote Post

Newbie (Too Young)

Group: Members
Member No.: 2909

Hi there everyone... I hope you can make room for me here in this forum... I'm brand new to this place. If some of you here are on other boards, you may recognize me.
Anywho, my name is Brianna, I'm a 17 year old girl and clearly I'm an enormous Elton fan to be joining a forum strictly on this legendary man!
tongue.gif

I'm not a lifetime fan or anything (sadly). My journey to "Elton obsessed" began last year around this time. I found him out by watching a live video of him playing "Tiny Dancer". I fell in love with the song, and thought he was kinda cute, thus I became a fan!
In two months after becoming a fan, I had begged my parents to see him live, lol. That dream fortunately came true on September 28th, 2016 at the Huntington Center in Toledo, OH. I had seats in row 13 but I climbed all the way to the front because I'm obsessed with him and that's what teenage girls do, heh!
biggrin.gif

I managed to get him to notice me, and he got up from his piano and stood in front of me and smiled and pointed directly at me! I was about ready to FAINT!!!!!!! ...The closest moment I ever had to cardiac arrest LOL

Besides seeing him in concert, I'm in love with him in many other ways. I mean, take a look at my bedroom:

user posted image

Pretty self-explanitory. I adore this man <3 I have all of his albums on vinyl, casette, and CD from Empty Sky - Songs of The West Coast. I'm working on the newer ones now, but I've already heard all his albums. My favorite album (and song) is Sleeping With The Past.
cool.gif

And even better, just a few days ago, I had the pleasure of finally getting Elton John's autograph. Yes!!! I was CRYING and running around my kitchen in circles! I sneakily wrote him a letter without my parents knowing at the beginning of June, and a few days ago... I GOT HIS AUTOGRAPH BACK!!!

user posted image

Elton also wrote my address on the envelope himself... you can see the envelope behind the roses in the first picture. I framed the autograph but I must frame the envelope now too! He's my favorite man and musician in the whole wide world and for him to give me a personal reply on the photo and do all the rest for me is just... it's one more reason why Elton remains my favorite.
I freakin' WISH I grew up in the 70s or 80s so I could've experienced earlier Elton on his wild days. Looked like SO much FUN! *jealous*

Well that's a lot, but that's all I got to say here! I only hope I don't scare any of you away... I'm just a really big fan and you'll have to make a lot of room for me here! Hehe! Thanks for reading.

--------------------
user posted image

"It's far too windy here, can you do something about it?"
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
DougS
Posted: June 16, 2017 09:46 am
Quote Post

Platinum Member (Dear God)

Member No.: 26

Welcome on-board!

It is great to have you here. Feel free to fire away with any stories that you may have and feel free to ask any questions - there is a wealth of EJ and his Band(s) knowledge here!

By the way, what a fantastic Elton room you have! I really like the 1982 and 1976 pics on the desk.

Great to have you with us.

Doug
PMEmail Poster
BiteUrLip
Posted: June 16, 2017 11:43 am
Quote Post

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 2784

What a fan... welcome! laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Anyone can be a hero, like you and me...

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMSN
newloneranger
Posted: June 16, 2017 04:55 pm
Quote Post

Member No.: 1947

Hi Brianna, Welcome to he board. biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image

Songs are lightning
When they strike you
You hang on every line
They’re bits of history
Don’t try to change ‘em
It’s how you’re feeling at the time
PMEmail Poster
rocketman
Posted: June 16, 2017 06:50 pm
Quote Post

Member No.: 108

Welcome!!

Your bedroom Elton display is awesome. It's great to see fans who are so young. While I'm a fan from back in the 1970's, there's a great satisfaction in seeing younger people who appreciate Elton's great music.

In addition, I think the song Sleeping With The Past, your favorite, is an underrated song and one of the better songs on a very good album.

Here's a link to our 'revisit' to that album, part of a series as we took a fresh look at every EJ album:

Sleeping With The Past Album Revisit

--------------------
"I could be great like Tennessee Williams if I could only hear something that sounds like the truth."

PMEmail PosterYahoo
Dr john
Posted: June 16, 2017 07:23 pm
Quote Post

Member No.: 265

Welcome..it's good to have new blood on the board..

--------------------
I ENJOY A PINT OF BEER EACH NIGHT...FOR IT'S HEALTH BENEFITS...THE OTHER PINTS ARE FOR MY WITTY COMEBACKS AND FLAWLESS DANCE MOVES
PM
Latitude
Posted: June 16, 2017 08:13 pm
Quote Post

Member No.: 1633

Welcome!!! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on various albums and songs. biggrin.gif I missed the 70's and 80's with Elton too. Became a fan in '91. His music is the best of the best!!!!!

Love the pics on your bedroom walls!

--------------------
FIVE DECADES OF ELTON JOHN MUSIC AND MY TOP PICKS FROM EACH OF THE DECADES!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Favorite lyric lines:' Release, relax, let go, and hey now let's recover your soul'. From 'The Big Picture' album
Plus 'But latitude captures the heart and the mind' From 'Made In England'
PMEmail Poster
EltonJohnaholic
  Posted: June 16, 2017 10:01 pm
Quote Post

Newbie (Too Young)

Hi again everyone! I didn't expect so many people to welcome me- I guess I underestimated forums. They seem so old like nobody would be on them, haha. I will try to post here as frequently as I remember with lots of my EJ thoughts <3
Thanks rocketman for the link on Sleeping With The Past. I'll check that out now! I'm deeply obsessed with that album and I do believe that song (along with Stone's Throw From Hurtin') are extremely underrated and overlooked by Sacrifice and Healing Hands. The issue is that I love every song on that album, hence why it's my favorite album, so I don't complain when a song overshadows the other hahaha
Also I'm really glad everyone liked my room! It's constantly evolving and changing with new pictures I find. That white cabinet you guys see in the middle of the room is a cabinet strictly for Elton John- I have concert/tour books in there, movies, magazines, novels, articles, CDS, cassettes, pictures, posters, and way more Elton stuff in there. I needed a good place to put my Elton collection in!
Oh, Latitude... I love your username.. and you must be a big fan of the song I take it, too? Heh, that's probably my favorite one on Made In England, so cheers!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image

RegD432
Posted: June 16, 2017 11:27 pm
Quote Post

Member No.: 1720

I will add my welcomes. Ironically, some of my first post on this board almost mirror yours. I was 17 when I started posting (under a different screen name then), but I've been posting under this one for 11 years.

My room was also loaded with Elton memorabilia, and like you, I was WAY OUT OF TIME with my fandom. I didn't care. Since then, I've now been to 31 Elton concerts, and own all sorts of memorabilia. I've had the pleasure of meeting him twice, and the band on multiple occasions.

My parents thought I'd outgrow my "addiction", but I'm here to say I didn't. I'm still obsessed. I still go to shows, look forward to every release. Just everything you likely do. It's a sickness, but its one I'm proud to have!!

--------------------
user posted image

"The great thing about rock and roll is that someone like me can be a star." -Elton John
PMEmail Poster
freaksinlove
Posted: June 16, 2017 11:33 pm
Quote Post

Member No.: 7

Welcome to the forum Brianna. I`m a fan for more than 30 years, actually since 1973, when I was about 9. Today, I`m 52 and continue to be a fan, but a mature type of fan. I enjoy his music only and do not focus myself in the aspects of his private life.

--------------------
user posted image

Even if I had only one finger left I'd play for you - Elton John
PMEmail Poster
EltonJohnaholic
  Posted: June 17, 2017 02:44 am
Quote Post

Newbie (Too Young)

RegD432, Hi!! biggrin.gif
It sucks to be way out of time when liking a performer, doesn't it? Especially if they died long before you knew of them. I'm a classic rock junkie, honestly, so I'm very used to the artists I listen to being around Elton's age. I can't do anything about it though, so it is what it is I guess.
I'm jealous you've seen him 31 times. I have 30 more concerts to catch up on! sad.gif
My parents tell me I'm going to "grow out" for him too. They think I'm having like a silly celebrity crush or something. I don't know what holds for me in the future but what I do know is that I can never, ever stop loving Elton. I've loved other musicians before, and sorta let them go, but Elton? No. No I don't believe the end will come for us... heheh wink.gif
I have been called many names at school for liking Elton, 'cause they think he's old and fat. They say I have "grandpa issues" becuase Elton is my favorite musician and he happens to be 70, lol. I'm just like, "Wow. Sucks for you." Glad I just graduated. I'm aware that being my age, it's not normal for someone to kinda have a crush/obsession on a dude who got famous nearly 50 years ago, but... I can't help it.
I am really happy that I fit right in here. I kinda like you older folks 'cause I'm not going to get made fun of here for Elton *sigh of relief*!

--------------------
user posted image

Latitude
Posted: June 17, 2017 12:10 pm
Quote Post

Lol. You're with the older crowd allright. tongue.gif Some of us are old enough to be your parents or grandparents. I have a granddaughter that's your age (I'm a woman btw). You will never be made fun of over here. wink.gif

Anyway, I was told that I was just in a phase as a fan too. But, when it comes to Elton music, that phase has lasted 25.5 years.

Also, I'd like to say that the song that drew me into Elton fandom in '91 was a song I heard on the radio, and that song was 'Sacrifice'. It still hits me every time I hear it. But my #1 favorite song of ALL is 'Rocket Man'. And fav. album is 'Honky Chateau'. 'Sleeping With the Past' is in my top 6 or 7 though. Best of the 80's.

I'm not a huge fan of the 'Made in England' album, but I do absolutely love 'Latitude'.

I haven't seen Elton live as many times as RegD, but I have managed to see him 16 times, going on 17 when he comes to Maine in Nov. Can't hardly wait!

It is SO good to hear that a young person has such great taste in music, and loves Elton John. biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Favorite lyric lines:' Release, relax, let go, and hey now let's recover your soul'. From 'The Big Picture' album
PMEmail Poster
EltonJohnaholic
  Posted: June 17, 2017 04:13 pm
Quote Post

Newbie (Too Young)

Yay! Thank god... it's a relief to be accepted. And hey I'm not bothered with your ages, you all are people are AMAZING compared to the douchebags I had to hang out with in school. You guys actually GET good music. Plus, if I was bothered by your ages, I would not be in love with Elton, who could be my grandpa...
LOL biggrin.gif

Sacrifice hit me too, and it still does! When I was first discovering Elton, that was one of the few songs that set me off and really made me think deeply about him. I don't listen to that song much nowadays, becuase I find it sad, but it's a special one nonetheless.
Aww you don't really like Made In England? It's like my 3rd or 4th favorite album by him. I could listen to the whole thing through. I have a great love, respect, and admiration for Elton's 90s albums. He just seemed so mature and sophisticated, and he spent time on these albums to make them worth it. Instead of blowing off mediocre albums every year like in the 80s, he slowed down in the 90s and in my opinion, had amazing results for him. I'm probably one of the very few fans who REALLY digs The Big Picture, too.
Thanks, yes, I do LOVE my Elton... I can't do anything without him. I always count on his music for guidance, and he's been my best friend throughout high school. Hoping his music will stick with me for a lifetime, becuase he's really special and important to me, and that's why I love him.

--------------------
user posted image

Latitude
Posted: June 17, 2017 04:21 pm
Quote Post

The 'Made in England' album is ok. I actually like a lot of those songs done live better.

By gosh, believe it or not, there are a few people on this board that do love 'The Big Picture'. I do too. I probably like 'The One' a bit better from the 90's. You can see from my signature the albums from each decade that I like the best. I'm sure you've heard 'Wonderful Crazy Night'. That album is pretty controversial over here. Some can't stand it. It happens to be in my top favorite albums though. LOVE it to pieces!!! (Btw, 'The Road to El Dorado' is my #3 album of all).

So your favorite album is 'Sleeping With the Past' and your third (or fourth) is 'Made in England'. What's your second favorite album?

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
DougS
Posted: June 17, 2017 08:14 pm
Quote Post

Member No.: 26

Brianna / EltonJohnaholic:

Good for you for standing up for the right and pleasure of listening to what you want to listen to!

Agreed, if something sounds good then buy it / support it! This is exactly my musical outlook as well. That means I listen to 1930s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90, 00s, and 10s! There is so much great music out there. It would be a shame to pass on it and stick to only one genre or era.

Elton John, for what it is worth, is one of those artists that has touched peoples' hearts for 5 decades and has written songs in many musical genres; progressive rock, rock, R & B, soul, country, pop, classical influences, jazz influences, and even some reggae influences at times!

Enjoy your Elton musical journey.

Brianna: Regarding those "old and fat" comments about Elton, it is nice to see that those comments don't stop you from enjoying EJ's music and that you lead by example - being accepting & inclusive. In our world, as recent events have shown, we need more love and acceptance and less hate and discrimination.

Your choice of SLEEPING WITH THE PAST as a favourite is an interesting one. It was a serious effort by Elton & Bernie to re-establish a solidarity and consistency in their writing and this album incorporated lots of influential styles; R & B, soul, gospel, etc.

Keep showing your individualism.

Doug
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll