eltonfan.net   Home  |  News  |  Tour  |  Charts  |  Board  |  Archive  |  Shop  |  Links  |  FAQ  |  Contact  

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Ray Cooper Returns, Your favourite Ray moment
DougS
Posted: September 14, 2016 10:14 pm
Quote Post

Platinum Member (Dear God)

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

Ray Cooper:

According to EJ, Ray Cooper is back in the band and not just for the Las Vegas shows.

It is great news to see that he has apparently overcome his health issues. He looked his usual animated self at Hyde Park the other night.

In honour of Ray's return, try to identify your all-time favourite Ray contribution in an ELTON song on record:

I'll start by saying my favourite Ray Cooper moment on record is on "Grow Some Funk of Your Own" especially from the 3:21 mark until the end where he really goes for it on the vibes. He also plays tambourine, castanets, and the bell tree on this song. Rock out Ray! Welcome back.

Doug

PMEmail Poster
RegD432
Posted: September 14, 2016 10:41 pm
Quote Post

Member No.: 1720

QUOTE (DougS @ September 14, 2016 10:14 pm)
Ray Cooper:

According to EJ, Ray Cooper is back in the band and not just for the Las Vegas shows.

It is great news to see that he has apparently overcome his health issues. He looked his usual animated self at Hyde Park the other night.

In honour of Ray's return, try to identify your all-time favourite Ray contribution in an ELTON song on record:

I'll start by saying my favourite Ray Cooper moment on record is on "Grow Some Funk of Your Own" especially from the 3:21 mark until the end where he really goes for it on the vibes. He also plays tambourine, castanets, and the bell tree on this song. Rock out Ray! Welcome back.

Doug

I am glad to hear he's back. The kind of heart surgery he had can be pretty serious. Some people never make full recovery. Especially with all the beta blocker medication they put you on afterward for the rest of your life.

Can't wait to see him next month in Corpus Christi!

--------------------
user posted image

"The great thing about rock and roll is that someone like me can be a star." -Elton John
PMEmail Poster
DougS
Posted: September 15, 2016 02:00 am
Quote Post

Member No.: 26

RegD432:

Looking forward to your review of the concert and Ray's performance.

I haven't seen Ray Cooper live since 1995 (Detroit) despite seeing some 40 EJ concerts over the years. He did that amazing extended conga performance in "Saturday Night's Alright."

Doug
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll