eltonfan.net   Home  |  News  |  Tour  |  Charts  |  Board  |  Archive  |  Shop  |  Links  |  FAQ  |  Contact  

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Summer 2017, Europe Concerts
DougS
Posted: May 26, 2017 10:04 pm
Quote Post

Platinum Member (Dear God)

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

Summer 2017 - Europe Concerts:

OK, here we go with the next leg of the WONDERFUL CRAZY NIGHT concerts:

I wonder if EJ might dedicate a song on this leg of the tour to the victims of the horrifying tragedy that struck in Manchester this past week. If so, it would be nice to see a song like "Song For Guy" added to the set list to remember the victims of the attack. "Song For Guy", as we know, was written about a young messenger boy who was tragically killed. It is a song that people in the UK & Europe do know so it wouldn't be too obscure. Other songs? Thoughts?

Two songs from WONDERFUL CRAZY NIGHT?

Will "Sacrifice" and "Are You Ready For Love" or even "Believe" make it back into the set list? "Believe" would be a very positive statement to make in response to the Manchester attack. The people there seem to have this incredible positivity, resiliency, and compassion which this song embraces. They lead by example.

Anyone going to any of the upcoming concerts in June?

Doug
PMEmail Poster
Dr john
Posted: May 27, 2017 06:29 pm
Quote Post

Member No.: 265

QUOTE (DougS @ May 26, 2017 11:04 pm)
Summer 2017 - Europe Concerts:

OK, here we go with the next leg of the WONDERFUL CRAZY NIGHT concerts:

I wonder if EJ might dedicate a song on this leg of the tour to the victims of the horrifying tragedy that struck in Manchester this past week. If so, it would be nice to see a song like "Song For Guy" added to the set list to remember the victims of the attack. "Song For Guy", as we know, was written about a young messenger boy who was tragically killed. It is a song that people in the UK & Europe do know so it wouldn't be too obscure. Other songs? Thoughts?

Two songs from WONDERFUL CRAZY NIGHT?

Will "Sacrifice" and "Are You Ready For Love" or even "Believe" make it back into the set list? "Believe" would be a very positive statement to make in response to the Manchester attack. The people there seem to have this incredible positivity, resiliency, and compassion which this song embraces. They lead by example.

Anyone going to any of the upcoming concerts in June?

Doug

Me..I'm going to the June 7th one..

--------------------
I ENJOY A PINT OF BEER EACH NIGHT...FOR IT'S HEALTH BENEFITS...THE OTHER PINTS ARE FOR MY WITTY COMEBACKS AND FLAWLESS DANCE MOVES
PM
DougS
Posted: May 27, 2017 06:45 pm
Quote Post

Dr john:

Have a great time in Birmingham on the 7th of June. Looking forward to hearing all about it. I'll need to wait until November 18 to see them at Bangor.

Doug
PMEmail Poster
Latitude
Posted: May 27, 2017 07:39 pm
Quote Post

Member No.: 1633

And I'm going to the one in Portland (Maine) on Nov. 17th. We only live one hour away. Wonder what the set list will be by then. I think it'll be pretty predictable, but they put on such a dynamic show that I don't really care. And we're taking my son who has never gone, and wanted to go! I do strongly believe these two shows in Maine will be the last ones here, so I'm thrilled to be going.

--------------------
FIVE DECADES OF ELTON JOHN MUSIC AND MY TOP PICKS FROM EACH OF THE DECADES!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Favorite lyric lines:' Release, relax, let go, and hey now let's recover your soul'. From 'The Big Picture' album
Plus 'But latitude captures the heart and the mind' From 'Made In England'
PMEmail Poster
DougS
Posted: May 27, 2017 08:30 pm
Quote Post

Latitude:

By late November, I would think that EJ and the Band are finally at the end of the WONDERFUL CRAZY NIGHT Tour. This may be the last leg of the North American part of the tour. I'm guessing but with EJ hinting that the "clock is ticking" on his world tours 2018 may finally see the start of his "Final Curtain" (or whatever name he gives it) tour.

At Bangor, I am looking forward to the extended "Levon" which really cooks these days. I haven't see "Have Mercy On The Criminal" since 1980 so that would be nice. You know, in the 40 some EJ concerts that I have seen from 1979 onwards, I have never seen "Hercules" live. Otherwise, you are most likely right; we'll get a familiar and predictable set list delivered at a high level.

From WONDERFUL CRAZY NIGHT I'd love to see "The Open Chord" and "Claw Hammer" but we'll most likely get "Lookin' Up" and "A Good Heart."

I remember seeing all 4 USA/Canada "legs" of the 1997-98 THE BIG PICTURE Tour and the set list constantly changed.

Doug
PMEmail Poster
Latitude
Posted: May 28, 2017 01:00 am
Quote Post

Omgosh---'Levon' is one of my top favorites he does live! Also looking forward to 'Your Sister Can't Twist...', which I imagine will stay in. By then I don't know how many WCN songs will be left in. I'd say maybe one---'Looking Up'. Actually I'd love to hear that live.

That 97/98 tour was *great*. Even I went to a few of those. One thing he doesn't do much of these days is change set lists. Dang!

Btw, I personally think selling tickets six months ahead of time is way too early. I've never bought tickets that far ahead. I did not manage to get tickets through ticketmaster. I had to go through a scalper. Paid twice as much for, well, not great seats. At least the venue isn't huge. Bangor is even smaller. Did you get good tickets?

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Favorite lyric lines:' Release, relax, let go, and hey now let's recover your soul'. From 'The Big Picture' album
PMEmail Poster
DougS
Posted: May 28, 2017 06:18 am
Quote Post

Latitude:

Since I renewed my eltonjohn.com membership I got a ticket through them for Bangor. It is a good one; floor seat - 20 rows from the stage directly in front of EJ and his piano. I used to always get row 10 from eltonjohn.com but row 20 is still, obviously, a good location especially because of it faces EJ directly. All those November USA-Canada shows this year are in smaller venues so there really isn't a bad seat in the house. I last saw him in Oshawa Ontario in an 8 000 seater but it was row 2; I waited until 2 days before the show and the ticket popped up on Ticketmaster (at cost!) so I grabbed it. I had seen him in Toronto the week before!

Doug
PMEmail Poster
RocketLight
Posted: June 03, 2017 02:03 pm
Quote Post

Gold Member (Blessed)

Member No.: 920

I would be happy if The One with band back to set list.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
DougS
Posted: June 03, 2017 09:49 pm
Quote Post

Twickenham Stoop on June 3:

Unconfirmed 22 song set list similar to UK shows last year except:

* "Take Me To The Pilot" returned
* "I Want Love" added - big surprise

* "Have Mercy on the Criminal" kept in the set list.
* "A Good Heart" and "Lookin' Up" from WONDERFUL CRAZY NIGHT kept.

Doug
PMEmail Poster
Latitude
Posted: June 04, 2017 01:04 am
Quote Post

I hope all those songs are there when we go in Nov., Doug. I know people got sick of '...Pilot', but I always liked his improvisation. Could be interesting these days. 'I Want Love' is a real surprise. Love it! 'Have Mercy...' is a super great song! I'll be jumping up and down if I get to hear that live. I don't know as I ever have. unsure.gif

Your seats are certainly better then ours. But it seems that ej.com isn't coming up with quite as good seats as they used to. I've used them twice, and one of those was the 5th row on EJ's side.

But, you're right. There really are no *bad* seats in a venue like that.

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
RocketLight
Posted: June 04, 2017 11:50 am
Quote Post

Gold Member (Blessed)

I like this set list. But I will add more 3 or 4 songs more.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Elton
Posted: June 04, 2017 03:55 pm
Quote Post

Member No.: 621

Any vids?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
RocketLight
Posted: June 04, 2017 06:08 pm
Quote Post

Gold Member (Blessed)

QUOTE (Elton @ June 04, 2017 03:55 pm)
Any vids?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duRna03DP3Q

I Love the white suit with flowers!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
freaksinlove
Posted: June 04, 2017 09:53 pm
Quote Post

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 7

Inspired by this suit, I think.

user posted image

--------------------
user posted image

Even if I had only one finger left I'd play for you - Elton John
PMEmail Poster
DougS
Posted: June 05, 2017 12:07 am
Quote Post

Derby on June 4:

Similar set list as for the Twickenham Stoop concert with minor tinkering such as location of "I Want Love."

EJ dedicated "I Want Love" to the victims of Manchester and London. Someone kindly shared it on YouTube for people to see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_yxap59Rts

The "Derby Telegraph" newspaper has an excellent written & video review of the concert.

Doug
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll