eltonfan.net   Home  |  News  |  Tour  |  Charts  |  Board  |  Archive  |  Shop  |  Links  |  FAQ  |  Contact  

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Wcn Misheard Lyrics?, You got any?
BiteUrLip
Posted: March 30, 2016 10:42 pm
Quote Post

Platinum Member (Dear God)

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 2784

In the beginning of "I've Got 2 Wings" I hear "I am the elder youtube smith". wink.gif

More?

--------------------
Anyone can be a hero, like you and me...

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMSN
rocketman
Posted: April 04, 2016 02:33 pm
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 108

Fortunately, this album doesn't have as many potential misinterpretations as The Diving Board. In Oscar Wild alone, I still struggle to hear correctly what he's singing.

--------------------
"I could be great like Tennessee Williams if I could only hear something that sounds like the truth."

PMEmail PosterYahoo
DougS
Posted: April 04, 2016 07:35 pm
Quote Post

Member No.: 26

rocketman:

Agreed the pronunciation of the lyrics in WONDERFUL CRAZY NIGHT are much clearer and easier to interpret than in THE DIVING BOARD. In fact, I was having a bit of a problem with EJ's vocals in recent albums so it is good to have the clarity back again.

Doug
PMEmail Poster
rocketman
Posted: April 23, 2016 05:59 pm
Quote Post

Member No.: 108

There are a couple of lines I do have trouble with:

In Wonderful Crazy Night:

A wishbone snapping in every hand
Stars above spelled out our future

From Free And Easy:

All of my street sense stayed in the city - I have trouble with the "All of my street sense" part.

But for the most part, with the exception of a few words hear and there (example: I've Got Two Wings - "To plug in my guitar" sounds to me like "blackened my guitar" which, of course, makes no sense), like DougS, I have, for the most part, no problem hearing the pronunciation of the lyrics.

I think one reason for that is the nature of Bernie's lyrics on this album. The lyrics are simpler, with more, shall I say, 'spacing' for lack of a better word. The lines remain simple for the most part. It may not be his best album lyrically, but it's among the easiest to decipher and, hence, remember.

--------------------
"I could be great like Tennessee Williams if I could only hear something that sounds like the truth."

PMEmail PosterYahoo
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll