eltonfan.net   Home  |  News  |  Tour  |  Charts  |  Board  |  Archive  |  Shop  |  Links  |  FAQ  |  Contact  

Pages: (2) 1 [2]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Nov-dec Concerts, Canada, USA, & Europe
Latitude
Posted: November 20, 2017 01:57 am
Quote Post

Platinum Member (Dear God)

Group: Members
Member No.: 1633

Great review, Doug! And I agree---it was *LOUD*! We sat up kinda high (a real good view though), and the speakers were pretty close, and I thought 'this is where I lose some hearing', but I actually didn't! ohmy.gif I noticed distortion at times too. They don't seem to distinguish between an itty bitty venue like that and Madison Square Garden. blink.gif

Nevertheless I had such a great time that I'm still on a bit of a high from it all. tongue.gif

Btw, as well as being extremely impressed by Elton's piano playing, I was also real impressed by Davey's guitar playing. My son was blown away by both and he kept playing air piano and air guitar. laugh.gif

Thanks for the review, and I'm so glad you had a great time!

--------------------
FIVE DECADES OF ELTON JOHN MUSIC AND MY TOP PICKS FROM EACH OF THE DECADES!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Favorite lyric lines:' Release, relax, let go, and hey now let's recover your soul'. From 'The Big Picture' album
Plus 'But latitude captures the heart and the mind' From 'Made In England'
PMEmail Poster
DougS
Posted: November 20, 2017 02:22 am
Quote Post

Member No.: 26

Latitude:

To travel 8 hours to the concert and 10 hours back (dodging deer & moose) I hoped the concert would meet expectations; The Bangor show exceeded my expectations!

It was my 32nd EJ concert and it is nice to have him exceed expectations after all this time. You are right; his playing was inspired and the energy was shocking - he is 70 years old!! Davey played well too; "Have Mercy on the Criminal" and "Levon" showed off his chops. The whole band played well. I heard some really strong bass lines from Matt.

I met a couple before the show who last saw Elton at Foxboro Stadium in Boston (July 4) in 1976! Those were the shows I wish I had been old enough to go to!

Now for a long 2 to 3 year "Final Curtain" tour...

Doug
PMEmail Poster
Latitude
Posted: November 20, 2017 01:06 pm
Quote Post

Member No.: 1633

I would have loved to have seen concerts in the 70's too. At least you got to go to a lot of 80's shows. I didn't get any of those, and I love those shows on recordings.

I'm wondering what the set-list will be in Europe when he goes over there Dec. 1st.

I *loved* Matt's bass lines. Especially 'Rocket Man'. I noticed he moves and grooves quite a bit. I miss Bob, but I do like Matt. I like it that the band members were having a truly good time. Saw Nigel laughing and smiling too. John was wandering the stage throwing out drumsticks to the audience. Tbh---I love that band!

It would have been super to have seen Elton in the 1970's! You mean that couple hasn't seen Elton since 1976? ohmy.gif He's still got amazing energy. I'm not far from his age, and my energy is way below his. The only thing he can't do now is go under the piano. Davey said once that they'd have to go pick him back up if he did that. tongue.gif laugh.gif

Yup, on to the big and long (I hope) Final Curtain tour. I doubt if he'll play this area again, so this could have been my last concert. A good one to end it with though. My 17th on 11/17/17. Nice.

--------------------
FIVE DECADES OF ELTON JOHN MUSIC AND MY TOP PICKS FROM EACH OF THE DECADES!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Favorite lyric lines:' Release, relax, let go, and hey now let's recover your soul'. From 'The Big Picture' album
Plus 'But latitude captures the heart and the mind' From 'Made In England'
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll